Unsure of where to begin, it felt like fate when Blue by Red PR started working with Aussie stylist, Sophia Banks Coloma. Sophia’s a stylist, fashion designer and fashion consultant and has worked with Hollywood A-listers including Amber Heard, Blake Lively and Courtney Cox. What’s more, Sophia’s a skilled fashion trend forecaster (the equivalent of a psychic within the fashion-sphere). Currently in the Big Apple costume designing new film ‘Syrup’, starring Kellan Lutz, Amber Heard and Brittany Snow, Sophia has a job to-die-for. Jealous much?
Since working with Sophia, I’ve found myself becoming more and more adventurous with my fashion choices and I’ve started to build up a nice little winter wardrobe for myself (much to the detriment of my poor credit card), by taking on board her regular style tips.
As such, I thought I’d share some of Sophia’s fashion insights and trends so you can make sure you’re dressed to impress this winter:
- Nude pumps are a wardrobe essential – they make your legs look like they go on forever
- Yellow is the new pink – You can add a yellow shirt to jeans, even throw a bright coloured blazer in green or purple over it for a great colour blocking look
- Mix metals – try mixing rose gold, yellow gold and silver accessories
- Introduce a pair of wide-leg jeans to your wardrobe; paired with high heels they’re really flattering
- Step away from the dark and inject some colour into your work or weekend wardrobe with some eye catching red statement trousers – a hot colour for winter. Remember to keep the rest of your outfit demure – you want your trousers to be the scene stealers
- A statement hat epitomises city chic! Wear it with slouchy boyfriend jeans and an androgynous black blazer for a laid-back look
- Bring fluro into your wardrobe. If you’re not brave enough to wear block fluro colours with your outfit, follow the trend with some glowing statement jewellery or an electric neon coloured clutch
- Don’t be afraid to mix old colours and try something new – purple and orange, green and brown, neon yellow and taupe!
Out of Sophia’s tip I’ve so far embraced a black bowler hat, which has become a weekend wardrobe staple, and I’ve dusted off my old favourite wide-leg jeans (which have been in hiding since the skinny jeans trend began). The next big step for me is fluoro…Sydneysiders better start wearing shades!