Written content alone is no longer palatable to users. Whether you are new to the social media scene, or a digital native, plain text is far less likely to be consumed then pairing with a visual.
Digital marketing is now not only about creating engaging content but also about ensuring that content contains attractive visuals that will then be likely shared amongst your social followers.
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube are all primarily visual platforms. Creating content that is visually appealing is key.
Don’t believe me? Here are the stats to prove it.
- Facebook, photos are ‘Liked’ more than twice as often as text updates, and some 700 videos are shared on Twitter each and every minute.
- 700 Youtube videos are uploaded and shared every minute.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business whose images appear in local search results.
- 37% increase in engagement is experienced when Facebook posts include photographs.
- Pinterest generates the 4th largest amount of web traffic worldwide.
Engagement on Instagram is 10 times greater than on other social media platforms.
I rest my case.
So if you could double the reach of a social media post by taking an extra 15 minutes of your time to add a visual component, who would do it? Please all raise your hands!
It’s incredibly important to invest in your brand’s online presence. By being actively online, you have the ability to reach a far greater audience than you would in a ‘bricks and mortar’ shop. Here’s how to ensure your content is visually appealing:
- Keep Facebook posts short and sharp.
- Ensure images are of a high quality. No pixelated or stretched images!
- With blog posts, ensure all headings are the same font, sized properly, etc.
- Encourage users to share posts by using images.
- Make sure your Facebook Cover Photo is the right size (851pixels x 315 pixels).
- Check the sound quality of videos before posting them.
With so much information being thrown at us each day, if you want to capture your audience’s attention, make sure you are supply them with visually appealing bite-sized information that won’t take them 10 mintues to read and digest! Using images and videos to support your social content is a must in order to get your brand noticed.